Pad Thai Recipe
This classic thai dish is a favourite choice for any traveler to Khoa San Road. This popular dish is made of rice noodles, egg, tofu and pilled high with crushed peanuts. Pad Thai was made a national dish during the 1930s when the government attempted to institute a sense of Thai nationalization and reduce Thailand’s rice consumption. For a tasty, authentic thai recipe follow the instructions below:
Ingredients for Pad Thai Recipe:
- 125 g of rice noodles
- 1.5 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of tamirand paste (or lime juice or shrimp/pad thai paste)
- 2 tbsp vegetable
- t tbsp soya sauce
- handful of grated carrots
- 6 stalks green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cubes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red chili, finely chopped (if you aren’t a spicy food fan remove the seeds)
- 250 grams of tofu or 100 grams of prawns
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful of bean-sprouts
- 3 tbsp roasted chopped peanuts, sprinkled on top
- 1tbsp of chili flakes
- lime wedges
Preparation of Pad Thai Recipe
Soak noodles until soft. some noodles need to be fully boiled whereas others need merely to be blached in boiling water for several minutes to soften.
In a large wok, turn heat up to high and add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and garlic . Add tofu into hot oil. When tofu is cooked, add eggs and mix well. Add the rice noodles and turn the heat to low. Add 1.5 sugar, soya sauce, fish sauce and tamarind / shrimp paste.
Once you have mixed all the ingredients up, add the veggies (spring onion, carrots and bean-sprouts). Add more tamarind repaste if the dish requires more colour. Once the veggies look cooked, garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh lime and chili flakes.
For the best pad thai in Bangkok head to Thip Samai.
This easy to make pad thai recipe can be made in under 20 minutes.